This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k3b additional packages

When I start up k3b (the disk burning program) I get a message to the effect that there are additional packages available to enhance k3b. But there's no indication of what those packages are or where they are to be found. What are those enhancements?

open K3b go to settings>configure K3b>programs tab ......now look and see what it can and cant find , then get the ones it cant find.

or list them hear .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Recommends, Suggests, Enhances

Packages can declare in their control file that they have certain relationships to other packages (http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-pol...tionships.html ):
      Recommends

This declares a strong, but not absolute, dependency.

The Recommends field should list packages that would be found together with this one in all but unusual installations.

Suggests

This is used to declare that one package may be more useful with one or more others. Using this field tells the packaging system and the user that the listed packages are related to this one and can perhaps enhance its usefulness, but that installing this one without them is perfectly reasonable.

Enhances

This field is similar to Suggests but works in the opposite direction. It is used to declare that a package can enhance the functionality of another package.
      The K3B:
      Recommends: dvd+rw-tools
      Suggests: k3b-extrathemes, normalize-audio, sox, movixmaker-2, libk3b6-extracodecs, vcdimager

But I already have those packages...

Sometimes the system is trying to "enhance" with the already installed packages: http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...Little-K3B-Bug
      Last edited by OneLine; Aug 22, 2012, 05:15 AM.
      Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
      - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

Yeah, well how do I get k3b to "enhance" so that it will write more than 3.5 Gb to DVDs? That has been broken since last October...

I had to go back to Lucid Lynx to burn DVDs.

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
        and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Working...
        X