This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating to KTorrent 4.2 Query

My previous post seems to have disappeared so trying again. I figured out the reason why I had trouble with KTorrent and upgrading to the latest stable version solves the problem. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be in the Kubuntu backports and their own instructions are a little confusing for me as I mainly use GUI installations or the instructions are very explicit for CLI. Any reason why it's not doing an upgrade? Installing manually will involve yet more packages on mt PC but perhaps it's not upgrading via ppa anymore?

the only way you will get Ktorrent 4.2+ is to download the .tgz from http://ktorrent.org/?q=downloads and compile it.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

There is a PPA for Ktorrent-git: https://launchpad.net/~veger/+archiv...filter=precise

(currently 4.3...)
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Thanks for help. I'm a little nervous about compiling. Shame Kubuntu has upgraded to 4.2 yet; the magnet link saving problem forces me to try compiling!

Comment

Compiling isn't really that scary. You just have to prepare your system so you can compile. See Compiling things on Ubuntu the Easy Way
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

do like @dequire suggested and add that PPA to your source list ...update Ktorrent and have 4.3

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
            X