This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kmail hung on "retrieving folder contents"

My kmail is stuck on "retrieving folder contents", displayed in the message window. Shutting it down and restarting it does not solve the problem. I asked about this in the KDE forum but I didn't get any responses there.

Logging out and logging in again does fix the blockage, however.
    Last edited by pwabrahams; Aug 09, 2012, 01:47 PM.

you must have Akonadi and kmail set up right before it will work .........have you run the AkonadiTray yet? and are you sure you have your mail settings corect?

VINNY

EDDIT:aaa you eddited your post
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Vinny, I tried calling AkonadiTray (about which I know very little). It spun for a while and vanished without any visible results. As to the kmail settings, I can't find any that seem relevant. What should I be looking at?

The fact that the hangup happens only after I've been in kmail for a while suggests that the problem is not just with some setting or other. If that were the case, the behavior would start either immediately or not at all, I'd think.

Comment

Unlikely it's a configuration error

After restarting akonadictl and then kmail, I get the error "Local folders: unable to append item flags". So there's almost certainly a problem with the underlying database, but I doubt if there's anything wrong with the messages themselves. Since my mailboxes are huge, I'd like to avoid copying them over, so killing the datebase and letting kmail reconstruct it seems to be the way to go. Do you know how I can do that?

Comment

The Akonadi database is in ~/.local/share/akonadi. When not logged into KDE, you can delete everything in the directory.

Comment

Working...
          X