This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting kmail manual into khelp

When I use khelp to find the Kmail Manual, it says it's not there. I did, however, find it at docs.kde.org. Is there a way I can repair my copy of khelp so that it displays the Kmail Manual?

install "kdepim-doc" then you will find the kmail under the Kontact section

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Hey, Vinny, neat find!

After seeing this, I started to wonder what other installed packages might be missing their documentation. I hacked together a quick bit of command-line fu that:

* iterates through all installed packages
      * searches the APT cache for any matching package names with a trailing "-doc"

I ended up with two runs. This one iterates over the full package name. It will match, for example, foo-doc and bar-stuff-doc.
      Code:
      for x in $(dpkg --get-selections | cut -f1); do apt-cache search ^$x-doc --names-only; done
      This one iterates only over the first word in each package name. Whereas the earlier one would miss bar-doc, this one will find it. Useful in cases where the documentation for bar-stuff happens to be in bar-doc.
      Code:
      for x in $(dpkg --get-selections | cut -f1 | cut -d- -f1 | uniq); do apt-cache search ^$x-doc --names-only; done
      Possibly not the most elegant, but useful if you want to find more documentation to install.

Comment

Geeze, can you guys tell Steve's an engineer?

Why use a hammer when a factory can do the job?

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
          Geeze, can you guys tell Steve's an engineer?

Why use a hammer when a factory can do the job?

LOL .........I do like that though .

and really it was no trouble to find it .
          just going to Kickoff>applications>help>Kontact displayed the needed information...... "not found install kdepim-doc bla bla bla "!!
          I just nudged the OP to actually do it ......hope he did

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
          X