Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two monitors - Extended desktop problems.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two monitors - Extended desktop problems.

Hi!
    I have extended desktop with two monitors (different resolutions).

1.) How to set KDE to place all windows of programs to primary - left - monitor, not to right one?
    And only videoplayer place to right one?

I think, this is common configuration for many, but I never seen this working in Linux... KDE don't remember this, it places windows randomly or just to wrong monitor...

2.) How to prevent mouse move to non-visible area?
    Because of different resolutions (1920x1200 primary, 1280x720 secondary -right-of-primary), there is nonvisible area under right monitor.

Yeah, I'd be curious too, I have a similar setup with similar problems. NVIDIA card with the propriartory binary drivers.

What video card and drivers are you using?

Comment

Hmmm, I use different horse barn - AMD HD2600. I tryed with open and proprietary drivers too. No differs. I had the same problems with Intel barn too... so - no solution for Linux so far!
      Someone should fix this bad bug!

Comment

have you tried right clicking the tital bar >advanced>special application settings ?

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

SOLVED.

Yes, I tryed and I founded...
          The second thing - after proper screen setting in AMD control center and then in KDE properties, mouse finally knows its borders!

Comment

Originally posted by iX View Post
            SOLVED.

Yes, I tryed and I founded...
            The second thing - after proper screen setting in AMD control center and then in KDE properties, mouse finally knows its borders!
            It knows the borders but what about which screen it launches on? I could never get this to work properly with the open source drivers or the proprietary drivers.

Sent from my DROID2 Global
            CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
            Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
            Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Dominator
            Graphics Card: MSI R7770
            Monitor: Dell 2208WFP
            Mouse: Mionix NAOS 5000
            PSU: Corsair 520HX
            Case: Thermaltake Mozart TX
            Cooling: Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink Rev C
            Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

Comment

It launces on the middle of whole virtual screen. On KDE startup, I use command: xte 'mousemove 960 600' from this package: http://linux.die.net/man/7/xautomation to move mouse to the middle of primary monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by iX View Post
                It launces on the middle of whole virtual screen. On KDE startup, I use command: xte 'mousemove 960 600' from this package: http://linux.die.net/man/7/xautomation to move mouse to the middle of primary monitor.
                This is a cool tip for dual monitor users. Where did you put the command? xsettings or profile?

Please Read Me

Comment

I put it it to KDE's autostart section.

Comment

Working...
                  X