X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound gone

Yesterday I installed Miro;
    http://www.getmiro.com/ then did the updates suggested by the edgers PPA.

Now my sound is gone. Period. No sound at start up, or from playing music, videos of any type. even skype.

I am using pulse and it was working fine up until now.

Since I have NEVER had any sound problems with any of my HW I don't even know where to start to look.

Any ideas?
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

what ver of that did you install .......looking at the package details in the ppa it looks kind of bugy ..........at least the 5.0-1 is and the 5.0.1-1 failed to build so.....

have you tried to purge it yet?

I almost installed it to see if would brake me as well .........but I think I'll wate and see how you fare .
    or use ppa-purge

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I installed Miro 4.0.4-1 from universe yesterday and sounds are fine. Won't be trying 5 yet I guess.

Comment

Thanks guys. The version of miro is 5.0.1. I actually did purge it. That didn't help. I also purged pulse and installed alsa. That didn't help. So renistalled both and sound works again, for now. I haven't run the miro config (The config run when one starts miro) yet and will probably wait until an update. I am also going to run a few things like audacity, etc. and wait and see how that goes so I won't calling this solved just yet.

Cheers
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Another option to consider in your experimentation might be upgrading to Pulse Audio 2.0. This has been working very well for me.

Comment

Thanks Steve. I will do that. In the mean time i got back from work and will enjoy a big Bombay G&T
            Cheers to all
            4 GB Ram
            Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
            X