X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma netbook with two panels?

Hi all,
    I would like to make netbook desktop with two panels. But my problem is, that in netbook mode, I can't add another panel and in desktop mode I can't make destop entry to show in taskbar. Is there any way, how to add secondary panel to plasma netbook, or how to show desktop entry in desktop mode (same way as it is in plasma-netbook)?

Not sure exactly what you mean by "desktop entry" but when I tried this before it was quite easy to make the plasma-desktop look and feel like plasma-netbook.

Comment

Why not just start with the desktop mode and add netbook mode widgets.
      Create an empty panel. Add activity bar, system tray and current application control widgets to the panel. Change the desktop activity to search and and launch, and another one to newspaper mode.
      It should emulate the netbook mode just fine and yoy can have more than one panel.

Comment

To accomplish what you are trying to do, you need to use desktop mode instead of netbook mode. Configure the activity to use search and replace instead of the default and then put your panels at top and bottom.

Comment

The main problem is, that in netbook mode I can see desktop (labeled as Search and launch) as an app in taskbar - so I can switch to desktop and work there. In desktop mode this entry is hidden.

Comment

Add the "Activity Bar" plasma widget to your panel.

Comment

or the Show Desktop widget

Comment

Working...
              X