X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video playback and Rekonq issue

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
    Open an empty tab. Choose Bookmarks from the list of pages. On the right side of the window, choose Edit Bookmarks. Inside the window that pops up, you'll find import and export functions under the File menu.
    Thank you Sir:
    Although I was never successful in openning an empty Tab, your instructions gave me the clue in succeeding to import my Mozzila Favorite folder.
    Now, since I have you here, and if you do not mind changing the subject a little bit, how come I am not able to play any videos in rekonq. I know you and others have helped me to overcome this issue when I first installed Kubuntu 12.04 on my desk top in another thread. But, I have followed the very exact same instructions when I lately installed Kubuntu 12.4 on my Thinkpad R60 laptop to no avail. Every thing else works perfect so far. I must say however, the videos play well in FF. In rekonq , I see a few quick screen splashes and then a blank screen with only the video's sound playing clearly.
    I thank you again.

Glad you got the bookmark thing sorted.

I assume you mean Flash videos aren't working? Let's start by examining what's installed so far:
    Code:
    dpkg -l | grep -i flash

Comment

Glad you got the bookmark thing sorted.

I assume you mean Flash videos aren't working? Let's start by examining what's installed so far:
      Code:
      dpkg -l | grep -i flash
      Correct!
      mahmood@TPR60:~$ dpkg -l | grep -i flash
      ii flashplugin-installer 11.2.202.236ubuntu0.12.04.1 Adobe Flash Player plugin installer
      mahmood@TPR60:~$

Comment

There's another way to get the Flash Player. First, delete the existing Flash package:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get purge flashplugin-installer
        Next, enable the Partner repository in Muon | Settings | Configure Software Sources | Other Software.

Then, install the Flash Player from that repository:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin adobe-flash-properties-kde
        This should set up all the symlinks appropriately.

Also...what kind of graphics hardware is in your computer?

Comment

There's another way to get the Flash Player. First, delete the existing Flash package:
          Code:
          sudo apt-get purge flashplugin-installer
          Next, enable the Partner repository in Muon | Settings | Configure Software Sources | Other Software.

Then, install the Flash Player from that repository:
          Code:
          sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin adobe-flash-properties-kde
          This should set up all the symlinks appropriately.

Also...what kind of graphics hardware is in your computer?
          Hi:
          I thought you forgot about me. Glad you did not!
          I did the above. But have not yet tried the outcome. Here is the specs of my laptop:

Product: IBM -ThinkPad R60 9457-A49
          Duel core intel T2300E(1.66GHz), 4GB RAM, 60GB 5400rpm HD, 14.1in 1024x768 LCD, Intel 950, CDRW/DVD, Intel 802.11abg wireless, Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Secure chip, IEEE 1394, 9c Li-Ion battery.

I will be trying the new flash and will report back the results.
          Thank you!

Comment

I have been busy with lots of concerts of late and also heads-down in stuff at work and deciphering how Postfix and Dovecot work (building my own email server). Apologies for the delay.

According to Intel's list, the current video driver isn't tested on the GMA950, so behavior could be unpredictable.

Comment

Yes. It works now. I tried it on several sites icluding Youtube, Apple Movie Trailer, MSNBC, CNN. All worked well. With cnn it works good, but every few moments there is pause with the wheels spining, perhaps loading the video intermittently, and then playing again.
              Thank you very much. It gives me confidenc to know existence of people like you in this forum providing guidence where needed.
              BTW, I posted ainformation on my laptop above. Is the graphic card OK?
              Edited: oops I did not see you last post before posting this.

Comment

Originally posted by marco07 View Post
                Thank you very much. It gives me confidenc to know existence of people like you in this forum providing guidence where needed.
                You're welcome.

Originally posted by marco07 View Post
                but every few moments there is pause with the wheels spining, perhaps loading the video intermittently, and then playing again.
                Who is your ISP? Mine's [strike]Comcast[/strike] Xfinity. They're notorius for populating their network with YouTube caches, and sometimes they can't keep up with the demand.

Comment

You're welcome.

Who is your ISP? Mine's [strike]Comcast[/strike] Xfinity. They're notorius for populating their network with YouTube caches, and sometimes they can't keep up with the demand.
                  My ISP is Windstream. They seem to be sort of OK. But I did not know they may do things like that.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X