This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP-3052A print scan copy

Well this is more of an FYI than a request for help ............so hear we go.

I already had the printer set up for wireless printing and it did that just fine ......however nothing would let it scan to my beloved Kubuntu-12.04 not the "acquire images" program or Xsane .......both would just say no device found.

so I did some googleing around today and the best I could find was some old posts on the ubuntu forums about installing the latest hplip from the HP opensource website http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web...all/index.html looking in synaptic I saw that I had that already just not the newest ver. so instead of grabbing the newest from HP (I have had such adventures go terribly wrong befor) I started reading the package info for some of the other HP packages in synaptic

I ended up installing these
    python-notify:amd64 (0.1.1-3), hplip-gui:amd64 (3.12.2-1ubuntu3), hp-search-mac:amd64 (0.1.3), opalmod:amd64 (0.2.0, automatic), libnet-snmp-perl:amd64 (6.0.1-2, automatic)
    then ran the HPLIP-tool box that got put in kickoff>system ......it didn't see the printer until I got to the auto detect page and selected wireless then ............low and behold I get a scan button in the actions tab of the HP device manager that has appeared in the system tray .........and it works 8)

coincidently so dose acquire images and Xsan now as well .

so I thought I would share in case any one else was having trouble getting their HP printer's to scan with wireless .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores
Working...
X