This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plasma went wierd

my plasma went from what ever default is to desktop icons in upper right instead of the show desktop.
    (i have no idea how to switch back)

it is workable now but the system tray is the size of the desktop. upon removing it from the panel all is nice and livable . But no nice system tray,

Ideas? ALL wanted to do was experiment with moving it to the right side. (i didn't like it there )
    Last edited by StarWolf; Jun 09, 2012, 01:48 PM. Reason: Solved

You can create a new desktop. Open Dolphin, turn on "View Hidden Files", right click on ~/.kde and rename it to ~/.kde_old.

Then log out (you don't have to reboot) and log back in. A new KDE desktop will be created and you can configure it the way you want. IF you use KMail then before you do this export your emails so that after you get the new desktop set up and KMail reconfigured, you can import your old emails. (This is not necessary if you use Thunderbird or other email apps which do not store their config and data under ~/.kde.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

it took me a minute cause it was a folder

My plasma is now slim and so clean looking again thanks mucho!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X