X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Kontact] Cannot get IMAP & Contacts to work

Hi all

I have just installed 12.04 onto a clean machine with two logins.

There are two problems I am currently having, which may be possibly related (Akonadi errors??).

1. I cannot import my existing contacts nor add new ones.

Both times I first logged-in for each user, Kontact told me that the contacts folder did not exist (e.g. /home/mobility/.local/share/contacts/, mobility being the login name).
    Trying to import my contacts gives me no error messages but no contacts appear.

I try to add a new contact and the same happens!

Looking at the Akonadi resources configuration it tells me that the Contacts are "ready".

2. I cannot get my work IMAP server to appear on the Kmail folder list

Have set up the IMAP config in KMail and it tells me that its online.
    But I cannot get the IMAP folders from the server to appear on the list of folders in Kmail.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks

Andy
    Perth, Australia.

--
    Last edited by asdinnie; Jun 05, 2012, 08:13 PM.

Hi all

Some progress.

I can now get the INBOX only for the IMAP server and receive emails.
    But all other folders remain invisible, even though the other laptop (running Windows/Outlook) can see them!

Have tried changing the subscription list of folders for the IMAP server but only the INBOX shows...

Contacts are still dead as a dodo!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy

Comment

For 2) I'd suggest installing akonadi-console, running it, and restarting the imap connector a number of times until it tells you its connected, then sync it. If that doesn't work, from the akonadi-configuration program, stop akonadi, start it, and try again in console.

If that still doesn't show your folders, then you man to be subscribed to any.

What are you trying to import your contacts from? From a previous Kmail2 or from Kmail 1?

Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by pnunn View Post

What are you trying to import your contacts from? From a previous Kmail2 or from Kmail 1?

Peter.
        Thanks for your reply Peter. The Contacts appear to have resolved themselves. Must have been a setting I changed somewhere...

Will look at the akonadi-console stuff you suggested.

Andy

--

Comment

Working...
        X