This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kdenlive can only render in a few formats

I can not get kdenlive to render in for exmaple mpeg4 format. It says it is missing a library but i do not see what is missing. i even installed a -dev library. (see attached picture). What do i need to render videos in other formats?

oh and by the way rekonq seems to really have a GARBAGE with this edition. it can't handle the forum picture attachments and consistently crashes when i click done. and that's not the only issue i encountered. i posted this eventually using chromium. I wouldn't add it in default progs selection.

EDIT: Larger screenshot: http://ubuntuone.com/4Sqy5fuUdea3boMZ9TPzBd
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mastablasta; Jun 02, 2012, 02:05 PM.

Do you have the kubuntu-restricted-extras package installed? If not, install it and try again. I can encode into many formats with KDEnlive.

Frank.
    Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

i believe i install restricted extras package, not Kubuntu restricted extras. will try Kubuntu-restricted extras and see if there is any difference. otherwise playing formats, flash. etc work fine

Comment

I have always used sunab's svn ppa: https://launchpad.net/~sunab/+archive/kdenlive-svn
        Plus the medibuntu repo. for the libavcodecs ..
        Everything is working well.

Comment

weha and mastablasta:

I have always used sunab's svn ppa: https://launchpad.net/~sunab/+archive/kdenlive-svn
          Plus the medibuntu repo.
          Yes, I think that is the key. I see that I have that ppa enabled as well. I had forgotten about it....

Frank.

Comment

You still may need to install other libraries and tools, the warnings will tell you where to start. Installing -dev packages is for compiling and development.

Search Muon for libavcodec53, libmp3lame, h264enc and possibly libx264-120. That should pull in what you need.

Comment

Also, you will have to re-run the setup wizard. If that does not show mp4, mp3, h264 in the codecs/formats section there you will have to close kdenlive, delete your kdenlive config file /home/<your-username>/.kde/chare/config/kdenliverc, and run the program again, forcing the wizard to be fun fresh.

Comment

been dealing with other more important issues. anyway tried all of the above. installed everything as mentioned. reconfigured kdenlive as mentioned but i still get the same message about unsuported codec. i did get more options, but most of them have a message about unsuported library or codec.
                Last edited by mastablasta; Oct 27, 2012, 12:16 PM.

Comment

mastablasta:

I started another thread here with regard to KDEnlive. The membership here gave me some good links for other sources of information. I've been too busy of late to follow up on those links, but will have time off in December when I hope to follow though. You may find the links worthwhile in the meantime.

Frank.

Comment

i've already checked a few tutorial, however i still do not understand why it suggest to use certain codec and at the same time it say i do not have it installed. and it only suggest those codecs that are installed... hmm. perhaps i should use Kdenlive forums. just though anyone else had similar experience.

Comment

do have FFMPEG installed kdenlive uses it to do it's transcoding ?

VINNY
                      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                      16GB RAM
                      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

The following ffmpeg stuff is installed (see attached pic) or here: http://ubuntuone.com/2VQfvqngtq778qwgWiITER

i am not sure if any extra things need to be installed here.

at the moment it certainly looks like kdenlive is broken.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by mastablasta; Nov 25, 2012, 03:41 AM. Reason: better pic added

Comment

Working...
                        X