X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates not showing in the taskbar ..

Hi All,

Maybe this sounds like a stupid question, but since I fully reinstalled Kubuntu 12.04 a month ago, even if I set the options in muon update manager to show up, I have never any icon poping up in the task bar to tell me there are updates available. I always need to start the app to know if there are some.
    Did I miss something or something did not install correctly ?
    Need advice, thx ...

Dan.

Originally posted by dgeo View Post
    ... even if I set the options in muon update manager to show up, I have never any icon poping up in the task bar to tell me there are updates available.
    It is strange, because after installation I did not set anything and I have cautions on updates.

Comment

I've been having this problem myself. I managed to fix it by following the advice on this page: http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...tions-in-12-04

Particularly post #8 on that page which mentions a file:

/var/lib/update-notifier/updates-available

which was missing on my system.

Ran the code:

sudo /usr/lib/update-notifier/update-motd-updates-available --force

which created the missing file and up popped the update notifier.

This did fix the problem for a while, but I see that again today there are updates available (in Muon) but I've not been notified of them via the popup.
      Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
      Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Hi,

I've been looking at infos on the given links and followed the different advices and then been waiting a while to see if updates would show up, but nope, still no update showing in the task bar when there are some ... This is kind of frustrating I cannot seem to be able to find where this problem comes from ... and it's right now the only one I have ... grrr ;-)
        Any other idea about something that could be missing or a bug somewhere ?

Thx,
        D.

Comment

I have a little bit different problem with Muon Update Manager and somewhat weird. It shows me whenever updates are available. However, after successful installation of updates also, it does not change the date under "Last update XX Days Ago (or XX hours ago)".. I mean after updation also, it shows previous information. e.g. I installed updates today, updates yesterday and the muon manager is still showing "No updates available, Last Checked 3 days 12 hours ago..." I mean how come that I installed updates today and yesterday (Not through synaptic but through Muon itself) and it still shows that last check was 3 days ago... It is very confusing and leaves a doubt about what kind of updates are being installed...

Comment

Sorry, I missed the other information, I am running 64 Bit Precise on HP Pavilion DV6....

Comment

Working...
            X