This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kate

So I have 3 virtual desktops and on each I have Kate opened with different files. The problem occurs when I want to open a file eg on the second desktop, it opens it in Kate which is on the first one, so it automatically switches the desktop and opens the file there. How to fix that?

Originally posted by trulex View Post
    The problem occurs when I want to open a file eg on the second desktop
    How are you opening it? through kate/file/open? launching from dolphin?
    FKA: tanderson

Comment

I see this problem as well.

Not sure if it is an issue with Kate or with how Plasma / the other app (Dolphin I assume) is handling the open. It looks like LibreOffice works the way you'd expect if you already have a LO document open on the current desktop (although one thing I've often noticed is that if you open a password-protected LO doc when another LO window is open on a different desktop, the password prompt appears on the other desktop). So the desktop protocol provides the necessary information to open the new window on the right desktop, and Kate must be deciding it knows better.
      I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

If the problem occurs from a dolphin launch, try adding "-n" to kate command in file associations.
        FKA: tanderson

Comment

Originally posted by blobfish View Post
          How are you opening it? through kate/file/open? launching from dolphin?
          I'm launching it from dolphin.

Originally posted by blobfish View Post
          If the problem occurs from a dolphin launch, try adding "-n" to kate command in file associations.
          This kind of solves it, the only problem is that is launches a new instance of Kate for every file I open.

Comment

Working...
          X