X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K3B Always asking to install MP3 files

Hey Everyone!

Im running 12.04 and really love it so far!

Everytime I launch K3B to burn a DVD, there is a pop up telling me that I can install additional software to enhance the experiance. The software is MP3 plugins and even though I say yes, enter my password and install the software successfully, it keeps asking me every time I launch K3B if I want to install this software.

Anyway to get K3B to realize that its already asked me and installed the software?

Thanks!
    Joe

Have you installed the kubuntu-restricted-extras package?

Not sure if it will make a difference or not, but this a common package that installs a lot of common codecs including MP3. Might installing that trip a flag somewhere and stop the annoyance?

Frank.
    Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

I've got the same situation. The first thing I always do after a clean install (which is what my machine is) is to install the restricted extras. I to get the notification to install extra packages when burning DVD's with K3b.

Comment

Once the notification appears, click the X to close it. This will leave an icon in the system tray (blue world w/arrow). Right-click on it and you have the option to 'Never show again'. Check that and it won't ever appear again when you launch K3b.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

So it's just a bug? The packages have already been installed?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyK View Post
            So it's just a bug? The packages have already been installed?
            Yea, I beleive this is correct. I get the notifications now as well in 12.04 with "extras" installed
            ​"Keep it between the ditches"
            K*Digest Blog
            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
              Yea, I beleive this is correct. I get the notifications now as well in 12.04 with "extras" installed
              Ok, sounds great! At least I'm not the only one this is happening too. I will try to do what Snowhog suggested by.

Thanks everyone!

Joe

Comment

OK, that answer one question, but k3b will not rip the cd to mp3. Only wav and Ogg-Vorbis for the file type. Missing mp3 option.
                Attached Files
                Boot Info Script

Comment

Review [SOLVED] K3B: How to rip to mp3 versus ogg?

Comment

Yea, I just found the answer "sudo apt-get install lame" from here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1649027
                    Boot Info Script

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                      Once the notification appears, click the X to close it. This will leave an icon in the system tray (blue world w/arrow). Right-click on it and you have the option to 'Never show again'. Check that and it won't ever appear again when you launch K3b.
                      If I do the above will it effect the System Notification Helper from alerting me of other things (i.e. installing a newer version of flash, etc.)?
                      Nowadays I'm mostly Mac, but...
                      tron: KDE neon User | MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz Xeon | 48GB RAM | 250GB, 1TB, & 500GB Samsung SSDs | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Comment

No.

Comment

Working...
                        X