X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Contacts:Directory

Every time I log in to Kubuntu 12.04, I get a Notification message:
    Personal Contacts: Directory '/home/jiri/.local/share/contacts/' does not exist.

What needs to be done to stop or fix this message from constantly reappearing? Thankyou!

Have you configured KMail or KOrganizer or anything else that uses part of the KDE PIM suite?

Comment

No I haven't. I will do this and see what happens. I do appreciate you for getting back to me so promptly! Thankyou...

Update: Just configured KMail and KOrganise and KWallet. These programs seem to be correctly configured, but I still get the same notification message.
      Am I over-looking some setting or something?
      Last edited by ICU_RN; May 20, 2012, 05:10 PM.

Comment

If the indicated folder does not exist, create it. Open a console and type:
        Code:
        mkdir [COLOR=#3E3E3E].local/share/contacts[/COLOR]
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thankyou Snowhog, problem solved!

Comment

For reference for anyone experiencing this in setting up shared computers, the error message is generated by Akonadi. Removing the Personal Contacts agent (right click Akonadi tray icon, select configure) will also remove the error message.

Comment

Originally posted by puttick View Post
              For reference for anyone experiencing this in setting up shared computers, the error message is generated by Akonadi. Removing the Personal Contacts agent (right click Akonadi tray icon, select configure) will also remove the error message.
              Sorry for being the necromancer here... I just had to say,

Personally I liked this answer the best.

Comment

Working...
              X