This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minecraft Black Screen after Login

Hey everybody, hopefully you guys will be able to help me out; in the past you've never let me down.

I started having the dreaded "Black Screen" issue with Minecraft a few nights ago. I can pull up the Login screen just fine and even force an update, but to no avail, as soon as the game gets to a certain point in loading, boom, Black Screen.

In the terminal screen where I was launching it form I get the following message.

Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:184)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:657)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.XRandR$Screen.<init>(XRandR.java: 234)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.XRandR$Screen.<init>(XRandR.java: 196)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.XRandR.populate(XRandR.java:87)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.XRandR.access$100(XRandR.java:52)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.XRandR$1.run(XRandR.java:110)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.XRandR.getConfiguration(XRandR.ja va:108)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.init(LinuxDisplay.ja va:618)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:135 )
    ... 3 more
    I've tried the fixes for other various Black Screen issues, but none of them seem to help here. Thanks in advance to anyone smater than I!

Did you try backing up your "Save" folder and just deleting your whole .Minecraft folder and then copying your Saved folder back over after you've reinstalled Minecraft? This has worked for me in the past.

What version of Java are you using?
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

I've found that mcpatcher works very well as a "front end" to Minecraft. It is a tool which allows you to install mods effortlessly, add or remove them, or enable and disable them. There is a button titled "Test Minecraft". With all my mods enabled I run Minecraft by clicking that test button. It automatically bypasses problems. I've never had a failed start with Minecraft since I began using it.

I used it to install the SinglePlayerCommands and a texture mod which enhanced the look & feel considerable.

http://www.minecraftdl.com/mcpatcher-hd-fix-texture/

I installed the 2.3.5 version but I see that 2.3.6 is out.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X