This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making akonadi contacts available to kmail

I have an akonadi googledata resource, but by experimenting it seems that the same problem occurs for akonadi addressbooks stored in a file,
    basically I can't figure out how to make them accessible to kmail (like when you start typing in the kmail address field, it suggests contacts from your addressbook).

From the "Sytem Settings" panel I go to "Personal Information" > "Kde Resources" and add my akonadi address books to the kde resources,
    but nothing happens. Also, I seem unable to set the resources as "not read only", and then when I apply the changes it complains that
    a standard resource cannot be read only.

[/Rant] the move to akonadi: what a mess! [/Rant]

I found a partial solution: at the end of the "To" e-mail field, if I click on the "Select" button then the akonadi address books are available. Still I find it a bit annoying that when you start typing an e-mail address in the "To" field, kmail does not pick suggestions for autocompletion from the akonadi address books, this used to work before.

Comment

This is because the function of looking at your contacts for an address match has not been enabled yet. Many, including myself, have commented on this lacking feature over on KDE Community Forums. It's known, and is a feature that will eventually be enabled, or so they say.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X