This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phonon: enabling jack sensing

Is there a way in Phonon to enable the jack sensing capabilities of my MSI NF25GM-P43 motherboard so that I can use its 5.1 sound capabilities?

you should only have to change the mode in multimedia audio hardware set up .

open up system settings -> multimedia -> phonon -> audio hardware set up .

in the hardware section (top part).
    select the sound card to edit from the sound card combo box.(if you have more then on) . after you do that the combo box below it labeld "profile" you can change the port configuration. the default is "analog stereo duplex" you want to use the analog surround 5.1 output. when you change to this you will notice that you get move speakers to test in the lower section of this kcm. be sure to hit apply so it saves this config.

some reason the buttons in my speaker placement and testing box do not make any noise when clicked.this may happen to you also.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I have tried this over and over, but since the buttons don't cause sound from the speakers, I thought that it was not working. I'll give it a try and then play some tunes.

Comment

Nope! It still comes out stereo, front speakers only!

Comment

I don't think that capability is there yet- I have read somewhere that pulseaudio 2.0 might have the beginnings of this
          http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Soft...udio/Notes/2.0
          Will probably require a new kernel for this as well, we don't yet have the needed 3.3 kernel right now.

Comment

Thanks claydoh! That's exactly the info that I was looking for. And thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
            X