This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash and the blue folk of youtube

Installed Kubuntu a week or so ago and all is running fine, apart from Youtube. It either crashes, or it runs ok, but everyone is blue. I've tried removing and reinstalling Kubuntu restricted extras. I've done the same with flash. I've tried the Flash-Aid add on in Firefox and I've even reinstalled the Graphics drivers a few times.
    I've looked through a few threads on here and tried most things suggested, but alas, no joy. I even tried gnash, but that wouldn't run in fullscreen.
    Anyone have any ideas, as it's driving me insane.

Thanks in advance
    Andy.

Originally posted by andyhtc68 View Post
    Installed Kubuntu a week or so ago and all is running fine, apart from Youtube. It either crashes, or it runs ok, but everyone is blue.
    Strange you should mention this, in my case, what should be blue (or blue-ish) is orange or orange-ish. And here I thought I was the only one with this problem, hmm. Don't go to Youtube that much so didn't really care or did anything about it.
    Last edited by tek_heretik; May 12, 2012, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Have you tried this? Right click on youtube video, click on settings, then uncheck use hardware acceleration. This worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by whitepine View Post
        Have you tried this? Right click on youtube video, click on settings, then uncheck use hardware acceleration. This worked for me.
        Hmm, thanks for the tip, will try. =)

Edit: IT WORKED! Wtg whitepine, you are a genius. ;-)
        Last edited by tek_heretik; May 12, 2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

OH MY GOD! So simple and yet so bloody annoying that I couldn't get this sorted myself.

Thank you, thank you and thank you.

Comment

I've had the blue youtube problem the last couple days since updating packages, but when I right-click and choose settings the settings box freezes on the screen so I can't interact with it or close it, so there's no way for me to get to the place where I would disable the hardware acceleration. Happens every time, have retried dozens of times. So I'm stuck. Don't really want to want to make my poor CPU do all the video rendering either. Is there any other way to fix it? I'm running Chrome.

I see it's affecting Fedora people too: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=278129 . Seems to be anyone using the binary nvidia drivers.

Edit for update: found a possible solution at http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...&postcount=104 and a bug report at https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?...bug&id=3120888 which indicates that adobe doesn't care because they no longer support linux.

Further update: managed to disable hardware acceleration by going full-screen first before going to settings. This is likely to be slow with my old CPU though.
            Last edited by Hoth; May 13, 2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I just tried that and it works!!

Comment

Working...
              X