This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chomium Open Download?

Is there a way to directly open a file with Chromium when downloading from a website with out saving the file?

I only see a Save option with no offer to Open until the file is saved/downloaded to the hd.

The last item on the page talks about setting it in chrome. I would think it would work in chromium, but I have not tried it.

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin...n&answer=95759
    Last edited by vw72; May 12, 2012, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I have looked through all the settings and cannot figure out if there is a way to give the option to open a file instead of save a file from a website...

Unless I missed something?

Comment

Originally posted by wrender View Post
        I have looked through all the settings and cannot figure out if there is a way to give the option to open a file instead of save a file from a website...

Unless I missed something?
        I just installed chromium to check and you are correct, it is grayed out. It appears, that under linux, anyway, it is not an option. One more reason I like Opera!

Comment

I am trying Opera 11.64 out and so far it has been great after customizing it to behave properly. I think it might take Firefox's place as it is really well integrated into KDE.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to make it remember the zoom level for different websites...

Comment

This might be of interest. It basically allows chromium to open documents in the browser by embedding kparts (including okular) into the browser. I think you can install it from the repos (kpartsplugin) though I haven't tested it in kubuntu yet.

Comment

Just quickly tried it out on a pdf and allows them to be read inside the browser. Very kool.

Though I am really seeking the open button in the download options presented when clicking on a file link...

Comment

Originally posted by wrender View Post
                Just quickly tried it out on a pdf and allows them to be read inside the browser. Very kool.

Though I am really seeking the open button in the download options presented when clicking on a file link...
                An workaround is to download them to /tmp and open them from there... that is basically what the open button would do anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X