X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is really great news!

Comment

http://adjamblog.wordpress.com/2012/...-tech-preview/
      That’s it! Just let us fix and clean up our code and hopefully next month you’ll have a shining new rekonq version in your desktop!
      If that really is the plan, and considering 4.9 will be released later* , it should not depend on 4.9.

*http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KD...DE_4.9_Release
      sigpic

Comment

I have been testing konqueror + latest kwebkitpart, and i must say, it behaves rather nicely. While in looks for a browser, it's a little dated comparing to rekonq, but on my setup it works better! HTML yt videos work perfectly, i would dare say, better than ff.
        Misc:
        HTML5 test
        Rekonq: 321 + 14 bonus points
        Konqueror: 326 + 14 bonus
        Setup: qt 4.8.2, qtwebkit 2.2.2, latest git rekonq, konqueror, KDE and kwebkitpart.
        I know this really ain't a killer test, but for comparison, konqueror with KHTML scores 97 + 6 bonus points
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sumski View Post
          on my setup it works better!
          Can you describe that a bit more? What about it is better?

I experimented with Konqueror in webkit mode several months ago and it mostly didn't work: forms would render wrong, no Flash, issues with Google sites that replace part of WebKit's UI (like the scrollbar, for instance).

I'd be happy to try again, sounds like some improvements have been made.

Comment

Maybe i didn't express myself correctly - i meant on my particular combination of software and hardware. I haven't done any tweaks, except changed rendering from KHTML to Webkit.
            Regarding flash, it works an all sites i checked, with which ones did you have issues?
            That Google/scrollbar thing is present for me, but also on Rekonq.
            Plus, (i don't know am i doing something wrong with Rekonq) opening of pages is faster with Konqueror, it can take a while for a certain sites to render/open in Rekonq.
            sigpic

Comment

I'll install the kpart-webkit from your PPA and take it out for a spin.

Comment

http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=...95cd31bb5def1a
                Code:
                rekonq 0.9.90  a.k.a. "rekonq 1.0 beta"           
                String freeze from now on,           
                [B]rekonq 1.0 stable in (not less than) 15 days[/B]
                sigpic

Comment

While understand that one may CHOOSE to wrap a computing experience around an integrated set of OS and software, but to me that was my primary reason for getting away from Windoze so many years ago - to exercise choice. I still choose to do so.

The fact that Linux in general and Kubuntu in specific allows that free choice/beer/speech option, and the ease of operating within those parameters of choice is what keeps me from moving on to some other OS, even BSD. In picking and choosing when to upgrade from one package to another and then choosing which software options work best in my world for the task at hand, there's no way that OS/software integration can ever be as useful.

Even on this low end machine, the Kubuntu 10.04 LTS package has worked quite well. The move to 12.04 LTS should be as painless as the previous transition, once 12.04.1 is out. The rest is kid-in-a-candyshop. Firefox has never been problematic, is still the best browser on the planet, and well worth the effort to un-integrate Kubuntu's Konq defaults. OpenOffice over KOffice any day of the week, although the KOffice replacement may be worth a look. Mplayer, with the SMplayer front, is far and away the best media player on the planet - Amarok hasn't been worth considering in years (I know the transition from KDE 3 to KDE 4 took a huge toll on what was a fine piece of software). KMail, and the rest of the PIM, can't hold a candle to Thunderbird/Lightning. But I do still mourn the loss of KPilot (there's a clue!).

Again, I understand those who defend the applications that I just slammed, but the whole point is choice and openness. You want integration, go for it, but don't be hard on those of us who don't sign up for that approach.
                  The next brick house on the left
                  Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Working...
                  X