X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple monitors - settings reset after reboot

Hi

I am new to using Kubuntu after using Ubuntu for many years. I really like the interface but was disappointed with multi screen support. I am able to configure multiple screens with separate panels etc but when the machine reboots, the settings go back to mirrored instead of two separate desktops. I have also noticed that settings like volume level get reset to 100% after a reboot.

I read a forum about this being a bug in older versions if KDE that was meant to be fixed in 4.6. I have tried adding settings in /etc/kde4/kdm/Xsetup without any luck.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    O.

Originally posted by ocset View Post
    Hi

I am new to using Kubuntu after using Ubuntu for many years. I really like the interface but was disappointed with multi screen support. I am able to configure multiple screens with separate panels etc but when the machine reboots, the settings go back to mirrored instead of two separate desktops. I have also noticed that settings like volume level get reset to 100% after a reboot.

I read a forum about this being a bug in older versions if KDE that was meant to be fixed in 4.6. I have tried adding settings in /etc/kde4/kdm/Xsetup without any luck.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    O.
    Hi, I used to have this problem too, so I simply learned the name of the program to run to get the panel up where you change the settings and I used a terminal window to run a sudo command to open it. With nvidia-settings this then allowed me to use the save option. Apologies to all purist Linux users I know my description of how I did it suks... but hey, we all start as newbs

Hope this makes sence and helps
    Last edited by zebedeeboss; May 05, 2012, 11:01 PM.
    To understand true frustration, one must only go so far as to install Linux!!! and then came Kubuntu and the World is at peace again

Comment

Working...
    X