Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

simple calculator (widthout gnome dependices)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
    Is the ppa for 4.8.3 the significant factor? SR, kubicle - did you use that?
    I read somewhere here kubicle is already running Quantal. I up'd to 4.8.3 and noted the change.
    Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Ah, the difference is KDE 4.8.3. I am running 4.8.2.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

We better close down this thread. Someone might see this and criticize KDE for dumbing down the calculator!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
          Yep, I'm on KDE 4.8.3.
          That would be the difference. I upgraded to KDE 4.8.3 yesterday, and just launched KCalc again, and in the NORM mode, it now looks like yours.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by bra|10n View Post
            I read somewhere here kubicle is already running Quantal.
            I am, but I'm also using 4.8.3 from ppa as it's not available in official quantal repos.

I can't say how it behaved previously as I installed kcalc only after seeing this thread (I use speedcrunch normally), but based on the other posts I think we can mark this mystery solved

Comment

What is the prevailing opinion about WHEN 8.4.3 will be in the repos?
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                What is the prevailing opinion about WHEN 8.4.3 will be in the repos?
                8.4.3? Probably a couple decades, I guess.

Comment

I couldn't wait. I added the ppa and installed KDE 8.4.3
                  NOW, my KCalc is just like yours!

Comment

Working...
                  X