This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muan Software Center Useful?

Can't find KDE's own office suite inside the Muon Software Center. You can find essential data files and components but there is no office suite install.

Further more it shows multiple versions of Okular. Some are installed and some aren't.

lol?.... sigh.

Try searching for Calligra instead, there have been some major updates to the software which appear to be something very good by all the reviews I have read.

Comment

I did... Still nothing but components... But then I opened up the package manager and did the same thing and the first on the list was Calligra Offices suite.

Comment

True but I don't think that will bring in what you expect in terms of office applications, for example a writer or spreadsheet app.
        As I understand it, Calligra remains a series of related app's at this point in time.
        Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Calligra Office is the suite; calligra is the metapackage. Installing calligra will install:

calligrawords - word processor for the Calligra Office Suite
          calligrasheets - spreadsheet for the Calligra Office Suite
          calligrastage - presentation program for the Calligra Office Suite
          calligraflow - flowcharting program for the Calligra Office Suite
          calligraplan - integrated project management and planning tool
          kexi - integrated database environment for the Calligra Office Suite
          karbon - vector graphics application for the Calligra Office Suite
          krita - pixel-based image manipulation program for the Calligra Office Suite
          kthesaurus - thesaurus for the Calligra Office Suite
          braindump - ideas organizer component for the Calligra Office Suite

Comment

Hi what about Calligra update 2.4.2 in kubuntu? I'm not able to update my 2.4.0 to 2.4.2. I have Kubuntu 12.04 installed with bakports ppa enabled.
            Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
            X