This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmail find message

Has anyone managed to get find message searches to work in kmail.

I put in works I know are in the emails and I get nothing, I tried regex and normal searches but in all cases get nothing back.

How does this thing work?

Peter.

same here, the search results return only some of the emails containing the words I search for

Comment

sam81, that's different to what I get. I get nothing at all returned.

Peter.

Comment

AFAIK, kmail2 uses nepomuk for mail indexing/searching...so first things to check are that nepomuk is running (not disabled) and that akonadi-nepomuk-feeder akonadi agent is ready.

On my end, without functioning nepomuk, search works for headers (Subject, sender, recipient etc), but not message contents...do you have problems also for searching headers?

Comment

Thanks kubicle, I think I may have stumbled across the problem.

I've been trying to search in the imap folders, but nothing is returned (no matter what I try and search).

If I go to Search in local folders, and search headers, I get some results back. But nothing if I search the entire message. It does however search the IMAP cache by the looks of things, so atleast its a bit closer.

The Nepomuk feeder is running it seems (System busy, indexing suspended), but its there.

Peter.

Comment

Working...
          X