This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Speakers

Installed USB Speakers.Will play start sounds and shutdown.went in to media they play when I run the test.I get no audio in firefox or other Programs

To get my USB speakers to work, I used System Settings>Multimedia>Phonon and then for Audio Playback I put my USB speakers to the top of the list. In this way they are are selected first. If they are not plugged in, then the second on the list is selected. For my system the second is Built-in Audio Analog Stereo. A similar procedure is needed if you have more than one Webcam or Microphone connected to your computer

I hope your system is similar to this and you can get yours working the way you want.

Comment

I did that still no audio.Do I have to install additional software
      Speakers work with Ubuntu

Comment

I assume that you are using Pulseaudio and you could install pavucontrol and this should show your USB speakers. Make sure that it is not muted. There are three buttons as shown in the attached graphic, and only the centre one should be depressed.

You could also click on the speaker icon and select Mixer and make sure that your USB speakers are not muted there. I hope that either or both of these approaches work for you.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X