This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Touchpad Found message.

I am dual booting Kubuntu 12.04 on a PowerBook G4 and everytime I boot-up I get a No Touchpad Found error message but the touchpad works. It appears that the OS is recognizing the touchpad as an apple mouse. Any way to fix this or find the appropriate driver?

This Acer V3-771G that I bought last week is the first of half dozen I've purchased in the last 10 years that the Synaptics Touchpad app couldn't see. Like yours, my touch pad works, but synclient does not recognize the touchpad, so I can't use the bash script I always use to turn it off during the desktop boot up.

Fortunately, the Fn+F7 combo acts as a toggle switch that turns the touch pad on and off, but so far I haven't found any solution. I suspect that it will take a kernel upgrade.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks for the speedy response! It's not a huge deal just a minor annoyance. I'm just trying to iron out all of the kinks. I'll keep on researchin'. Maybe that kernel upgrade is on it's way.

Comment

Working...
      X