Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you dont have hplip toolbox in kickoff>applications>system ?

I installed all of it .....all 17 listed before .......perhaps their needed

VINNY

and i thought you had it resolved through............. " The reason is because localhost:631 is now working and allows printers management."

and no it will not fix the printer config in system settings !! why you dont seem to have the control module I don’t know .
    Last edited by vinnywright; Jun 26, 2012, 07:16 PM.
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      No. I even searched for it to no avail.

I installed all of it .....all 17 listed before .......perhaps their needed
      VINNY
      It looks like it.
      and i thought you had it resolved through............. " The reason is because localhost:631 is now working and allows printers management."
      Yes. localhost:631 still works. But system settings>printer configuration still produces the same error message as described in my initiating post.

and no it will not fix the printer config in system settings !! why you dont seem to have the control module I don’t know .
      I had the impression that it might fix it. I guess I can live with what I have now.
      Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
        Originally posted by marco07 View Post
        No. I even searched for it to no avail.
        This command that Vinny suggested...
        Code:
        sudo apt-get -s install --no-install-recommends hplip-gui
        contains the -s flag, which means to perform a simulation run. It will display the output of an install without actually installing anything. We saw the output of that when you ran it on your desktop (which you mentioned when you edited your post). When you tried it on your other computer, again we saw the output of the simulation run. But to actually install it, you'll need to omit the -s.

Comment

Thank you Steve!
          I will try the command wo/-s later today when I get home from work. Will report back accordingly.
          Regards!

Comment

Originally posted by marco07 View Post
            Thank you Steve!
            I will try the command wo/-s later today when I get home from work. Will report back accordingly.
            Regards!
            Sorry ..............I did tell you in post #12 that ........."the -s will simulate the install so it's safe" ..........so I just assumed you had installed it without the -s after posting the results of running with the -s switch ...........my bad ...........but we know what they say .....when you assume .........you make an ass out of u and me (ass-u-me) .....LOL ahum yes sorry

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Hey. No problem! We are all human.

Comment

Well, I run the command wo/-s and hplip toolbox was installed. I tried all avaiable tools in it to set up the lan printer with no success. Only CUPS web interface tool in it works for me but still could not connect to the printer. It appears that I cannot even ping the printer from the laptop. Frustrated, I am giving up on this. I decided the way to print is to send a copy of what I like to print via LAN to the desktop box with printer and then print it from there. No big deal. I can live with this approach.
                Thanks for your guidance.

Comment

Working...
                X