This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not play movie files!!

Didnt tried to play movie files for long time.
    Yesterday tried to play a movie file.
    Tried Kaffeine Smplayer gnome player!!
    All crashes and system goes back directly to login screen (just like using ctrl+alt+backspace on older version of kubuntu)
    All players do the same!!
    Tried to reinstall players!!
    They reinstall without any problem but cant play movie file..
    Any suggestion??
    Kubuntu User # 26056<br />Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 AMD Athlon II X2 250 4Gb Ram 1x40Gb SSd Hdd +500gb Home&nbsp; Nvidia Gf8500Gt <br />AcerAspireOne A150

Have you added the medibuntu repository and followed the instructions for Playing Encrypted DVDs?

That may not result in being able to play your 'commercial' DVDs; I still can't (on my 64-bit platform) and haven't figured out why -- yet.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'm having the same problem with the latest beta. The 12.04 Medibuntu repo wasn't available at the time, so I used the 11.10 Medibuntu repo with he same results. The 12.04 Medibuntu repos are online now, but hasn't made any difference in my case. All movie players crash when trying to play movie files. The system also crashes and takes me to the login screen. I haven't been able to catch any error messages because it happens immediately when I press "play". This is some weird bug in 12.04. I haven't tested this in Unity yet.
      Klaatu Barada Nikto

Comment

Installing ubuntu-restricted-extras solved the problem for me. Now, Dragon Player sees and plays my commercial DVDs.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have also AMD X6 1090T CPU .
          The problem is exactly like 67GTA's error!
          Tried mediubuntu instructions no chance!!
          Kubuntu restricted extras already installed.
          Tried ubuntu extras also no chance!!
          Kubuntu User # 26056<br />Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 AMD Athlon II X2 250 4Gb Ram 1x40Gb SSd Hdd +500gb Home&nbsp; Nvidia Gf8500Gt <br />AcerAspireOne A150

Comment

Working...
          X