This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Muon and Konsole upgrade

I did a fresh upgrade from 11.10 to precise last night and really like it. I seem to have a similar problem with two different features, namely, when I try to install apts from either Muon pakage manager or Muon software center I get a message that they can't install because another pakage manager is running and I have to shut that down before I can install anything. A similar problem with the sudo apt-get upgrade in the terminal window, it fails and says I have a pakage manager running and I need to shut it down first. I have tried both of these after a fresh reboot with nothing but the desktop running and still no luck. Any ideas?

This could be a stale dpkg lock. Try running "sudo fuser -vki > /var/lib/dpkg/lock;sudo dpkg --configure -a". After that, you should be able to upgrade with either Muon or Konsole.

Comment

JontheEchidna,

Frustrated with an operating system that I couldn't install or upgrade I reinstalled 11.10. However, next week I will give it another go and try it out. Except for that one flaw, I loved the new Kubuntu and hope I can get it working. I'll respond again then. I do appreciate the help though.

capt-zero

Comment

Working...
      X