This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine crashes

I don't know if this has to due with the 12.04 version but I tried to install two programs using Wine that previously have worked perfectly but in one program the installation just closes and in the other an error appears.

Someone else has noticed that?

not sure if this helps any or not but mine are all still working fine.....BUT.... I use playonlinux for all my wine needs. I run only one game without the assistance of playonlinux (POL) and that is DDO (dungeons and dragons online) and it works fine too.

Comment

I've done a new system installation, and what failed were two programs installation. An example is Ares Galaxy: http://tenet.dl.sourceforge.net/proj..._installer.exe

Comment

I tried to remove and install again Wine but I get the same error. Could someone test it and tell how it goes, please?

Comment

Wich version of wine are you using? I think this matter should be addressed to winehq forums, but I'm happy to help if I could. I've been home sick for the last couple of days so I took the time to have a go at Civ 5 and it runs more or less flawless on my 12.04 install. (all troubles I had was posted on winehq forums, sound, startcrash and saves).

I run the instable 1.4x wine. what are the error outputs when you start from CLI?

b.r

Jonas
          ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
          Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
          Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
          Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
          - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
          >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Hi, thanks for the help. I'm using Wine 1.4, the last version from de repos. At the end of Ares installation I get the following error: "Internal errors - invalid parameters received". In the installation of other program, just dissapear when I clic on "Next".

I'm not sure if this is Wine's fault because I was using Ubuntu 11.10 a week ago and I didn't get this error. Also I've been using other distros previously and I never had this problems.

I did another test: I did a new installation of Kubuntu 12.04 in VirtualBox, tried to install this programs and I got the same problems.

Comment

Pol

Ares Galaxy is only gold rated in winehq:
              http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=14827

usually means it works for some and not others, You seem to be one of those that has had it working. If you remember what wine version it worked good with.....

..... I totally recommend playonlinux for this. In this frontend for wine you can have many multiple wine versions installed at the same time and set different programs to use different versions of wine. For example, diablo 2 runs best in wine 1.4x while I need wine version 1.2 for silkroad. This covers all that, so you can try different wine versions to find one that works with just a couple clicks.

Go to the website and get it though, the one in the repo is a bit too dated and feature lacking.
              http://www.playonlinux.com/en/download.html
              Attached Files
              Last edited by buzzmandt; Mar 08, 2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moray33 View Post
                Hi, thanks for the help. I'm using Wine 1.4, the last version from de repos. At the end of Ares installation I get the following error: "Internal errors - invalid parameters received". In the installation of other program, just dissapear when I clic on "Next".

I'm not sure if this is Wine's fault because I was using Ubuntu 11.10 a week ago and I didn't get this error. Also I've been using other distros previously and I never had this problems.

I did another test: I did a new installation of Kubuntu 12.04 in VirtualBox, tried to install this programs and I got the same problems.
                I think with this error "Internal errors - invalid parameters received", it doesn't say much more then error so follow buzzmandt's POL example could be a wise choice. Another frontend for WINE is winetricks, should be in the repos, I think that POL should include winetricks however.

BR
                Jonas
                ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
                Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
                Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
                Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
                - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
                >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Yes i have. I encountered the same issue when i tried to install ms-office 2003 (or even ms-office 2007) on kubuntu 12.04 using wine 1.4 rc6. The mentioned products were successfully installed on kubuntu 11.10 (with wine 1.3).

Fahd
                  Budapest

Comment

I tried PlayOnLinux but I get exactly the same errors... So, I think it was a problem of Kubuntu... I said "it was" because I tried again today and finally all the problems have been solved. I don't know if has been because the Wine 1.4 or other update but it works!

Comment

Working...
                    X