This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No wifi after logout.

Hi to all. I installed Kubuntu 12.04 from a daily iso 2 days ago. Everything works great and very stable. I even have 5.1 audio and the AMD drivers working. The only problem i have is that if i logout and then login i dont have wifi. I have only the 'x' in the tray and networkmanager can't find my router. Can anyone help? Thanks.

It sounds very much like the problems some have after waking up on suspend or hibernate, search the forum or google a bit with these words included.

Providing you don't use the fancier options of the networkmanager like mobile broadband or VPN you can try to replace it with WICD, a very solid network manager.

Comment

may not be related to your problem but everytime I get a kernel upgrade I loose wireless on the next restart.
      sudo rfkill unblock all
      fixes it

Comment

Originally posted by peterroots View Post
        everytime I get a kernel upgrade I loose wireless on the next restart.
        Do you have the package dkms installed?
        Description-en: Dynamic Kernel Module Support Framework

DKMS is a framework designed to allow individual kernel modules to be upgraded
        without changing the whole kernel. It is also very easy to rebuild modules as
        you upgrade kernels.

Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Sorry for the late reply. After the last 2 kdm updates i get a black screen when i logout with a cyrsor.

Comment

Working...
          X