This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notifications dont always appear in same place

My system tray in the bottom panel is set to show pop up notifications for certain events. I want the pop ups to emerge from the system tray with a close button on them. Half the time they open here and behave as they should but other times they appear at the top of the screen, in a black bubble that I cant close. This bubble hangs around for way to long. How do I change this setting??

I'm guessing that you have installed some non-KDE (read Unity/Gnome) applications/components from the standard repositories in Kubuntu and they in turn have dragged in Ayatana notification bubbles from the Ubuntu desktop they were designed for.
    Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Thats probably not it. No Ayatana on my system that I can find. KDE specific programs, like ktorrent, are also putting the notifications in the wrong place. Ive been playing around with it and it seems that in one session all notifications open in one place, and then in a different session they all open in another.

Comment

Been looking into this further and I think you may be right, bra|10n. I have the package notify-osd on my system, which is part of Ayatana. What is the default Kubuntu notification program called? Do you think I could simply purge notify-osd and have this problem go away??

EDIT:
        May have solved this. I disabled notify-osd
        Code:
        sudo mv /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.Notifications.service /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.Notifications.service.disabled
        After a reboot, normal KDE style notifications occur. Ill give this a few days to see if anything weird happens and then mark it solved.
        Last edited by whatthefunk; Apr 01, 2012, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
          ...After a reboot, normal KDE style notifications occur. Ill give this a few days to see if anything weird happens and then mark it solved.
          Good news. I hope it works out.
          Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Working...
          X