Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Download folder contents are all over desktop as icons--how to stop this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download folder contents are all over desktop as icons--how to stop this?

Hi,
    don't know what I did but now the downloads folder is icons galore on the desktop in KDE 4.7.4 in kubuntu 32
    Cannot find any easy way to stop this behaviour.
    I renamed the folder then a big red icon with a cross appeared and a caption cannot find folder.
    No easy way to remove this either.
    Would sure appreciate any advice on how to stop this
    Regards
    El Zorro
    Last edited by ElZorro; Apr 03, 2012, 03:58 AM.
    It should be as simple as it can be, but not simpler than it should be---Albert Einstein

No replies,
    guess nobody knows the answer . Can be difficult to get anything out of forums too busy I suppose
    Ho Hum troll the web again!
    El Zorro
    Last edited by ElZorro; Apr 04, 2012, 05:44 AM.
    It should be as simple as it can be, but not simpler than it should be---Albert Einstein

Comment

Im not quite sure what you mean. Maybe a screenshot would help us understand?
      How do you download things? Torrents??

Comment

D your desktop settings look something like this?
        Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

maybe there is an "activity" that is overlaying the desktop and the particular activity is only displaying the contents of the folder which is not a folder...hmmm

woodsmoke

Comment

My apologies, I wonder where this got to,
            looked for this post in this super busy forum and did a search and it did not come up, only old posts so beats me where it went. So back to my own and tried the desktop icon, this gave some vague options until I tried activities, desktop icons and managed to clear all those pesky icons.

It certainly was not obvious what to do!
            No such command at the first level menus.
            So thanks for the thoughts I never saw.

Regards
            El Zorro

Comment

Working...
            X