This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kopete receives files but doesn't send

Hello all, been searchin around for answers to this problem but there doesn't seem to much on the subject. I use the Yahoo protocol in Kopete and everything seems to work just fine except when I try to send a file. I can receive files but when I try to send one I just get "one job running" in my notification area and nothing appears on the other end. My girlfriend uses Yahoo IM on a win7 laptop. After some searching I've found a lot of other people having the same issue but with no results. I also do not have a firewall running. Any suggestions?
    AMD PhenomII X2 550 CPU - Asus M4A88TD-Evo - Nvidia GT640 - 4G 1333 ram - Kubuntu 13.04 - KDE 4.10.5 amd64

Kopete is basically unmaintained and I think it has had this issue for a very long time.
    Trying a different IM client may get you one that works for file transfers. Pidgin is one, as well as Empathy. The new KDE-telepathy (KTP) does not yet support yahoo file transfers, and as it uses the same backends as Empathy, Empathy might not support it either

As I rely on Yahoo to connect to a number of people who simply won't change their IM I rely on my phone for it nowadays, and I also now keep an ancient XP laptop around just for voice/video. Not much else can be done, I am afraid

Comment

Yeah I kinda figured. I usually use pidgin anyway, just liked the look of kopete and figured why not keep it KDE but oh well. Guess I'll just switch back to pidgin then. Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.
      AMD PhenomII X2 550 CPU - Asus M4A88TD-Evo - Nvidia GT640 - 4G 1333 ram - Kubuntu 13.04 - KDE 4.10.5 amd64

Comment

Ok, so I switched to Pidgin and get the same thing. It shows up that I'm waiting for the other person to except my file transfer but they don't see anything. Not sure what the deal is because I can receive files but not send them, and I can't find any settings to change in regaurds to this so I'm a bit stumped.

Comment

Working...
        X