This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Language Selection at Login Screen

Seting up some worker notebooks and hit a problem. The notebooks have 3 languages installed and should be selectable on boot time depending who picks up a notebook (not assigned fix to workers). I can't seem to find any settings to get Kubuntu to do this. Also once logged in there is no tray icon or other quick language selection to rectify this problem.

So two questions

1) How to setup Kubuntu to allow language selection on the login screen?

2) How to get a language selection tray icon or plasmoid?

Hello. Lanuages are under System Settings > Locale > Languages Tab. Easy enough (3 clicks or so). A search on Opendesktop.org did not turn up any results for suitable Plasmoids. As far as choosing at log-in, I'm not sure about that one in KDE4. I would ask on Kubuntu IRC if no one here knows. Good luck!
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Could you not just have three users? One named "English", another "Latin", and a third "Gaelic", or whatever the languages are. I'm assuming that language setup is user based, but I haven't tried this.

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
        Hello. Lanuages are under System Settings > Locale > Languages Tab. Easy enough (3 clicks or so). A search on Opendesktop.org did not turn up any results for suitable Plasmoids. As far as choosing at log-in, I'm not sure about that one in KDE4. I would ask on Kubuntu IRC if no one here knows. Good luck!
        That one I found, not the problem. I have installed the three required languages. In earlier KDE there had been a tray icon you could use to switch languages on the fly but I can't seem to find this option anymore in the recent KDE.

Originally posted by Ole Juul View Post
        Could you not just have three users? One named "English", another "Latin", and a third "Gaelic", or whatever the languages are. I'm assuming that language setup is user based, but I haven't tried this.
        Would be a possibility. I would then have to triple the user configuration and I'm happy if I get KDE to not spam me with akonadi errors on startup after a fresh install of a user with one single user. I'm not keen on repeating this three times unless I can avoid it.

Comment

Working...
        X