This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get activity windows to stay open?

Im setting up my first activity and want a media player window and a dolphin window to be open when ever I go to this activity. I cant for the life of me figure out how to do this....every time I restart the windows are gone. KDE 4.8, Kubuntu 11.10

Do you have KDE set to save its session on logout? (this should be the default)

If set then KDE should autostart programs in the right activity. KDE should also start any applications that where open in an activity when you stop the activity.

I don't think there is currently a way to set applications to auto start when an activity is launched. Although activities are relatively new (only really became usable in 4.7-4.8) and so allot of application support for them is missing so I suspect that over the next few releases we should see more options for configuring them (ie, as of 4.8 you can now set up power profiles per activity).

Comment

Ok, that option wasnt clicked by default in my install for whatever reason. Appears to be solved....

Comment

Working...
      X