This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

b43-phy0 error

Hi everyone, this is my second day trying out the many different variations of Ubuntu. I got ubuntu to work on my 1.4ghz dual core Compaq Presario C700 laptop last night. I was looking at the KDE Kubuntu version of Ubuntu, and I wanted to install it. I installed it via Wubi.exe, and just selected Kubuntu. It installed fine, and it restarted my computer and ran with Kubuntu vs. Windows XP. The first thing it showed me was the following:

b43-phy0 ERROR
    Can't find b43-open/ucode13.fw

go to http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/...devicefirmware

Can anyone explain to me how to go about getting this firmware, and why it gave me this error? Is there a download link to it for a windows machine? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Can you get an ethernet connection to this machine temporarily? If so, link up and run K > Applications > System > Additional Drivers and see if your wireless driver appears as an option.

Also make sure you have updated existing packages, via Muon Software Center or via terminal
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    If you can't get onto the web via ethernet ... there will be a way to download the package via windows but I'm not sure how to do it atm.
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Working...
    X