Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Icons disappeared other strange behavior...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icons disappeared other strange behavior...

Hi All,

Well, after having re installed my system, I have some strange issues...

First...

For some reason, when I create desktop application links and set an icon, the link is created, but the icon is missing. If I hover over the icon, it shows up, but on the desktop, there is just a blank placeholder for the icon.

In .xsession-errors, I see the following:

Code:
    Object::connect: No such slot AbstractItemView::iconSettingsChanged(int)
    dolphin(12198)/kdeui (KIconLoader) KIconLoaderPrivate::normalizeIconMetadata: Illegal icon state:  32
    In the 8 or more years of using KDE, this has NEVER happened so I don't even know where to start looking :-D.

Second...

In addition to the missing icons, for some reason, I can no longer select text in one window (Terminal) and middle click to paste it in another screen. I can right click and paste, but the middle click paste is a staple of Linux and I would like to have it back .

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot these issues?

Like I mentioned in the 8 years of using KDE and almost 15 years of using Linux, these problems are alien to me, so I don't even know where to look :-P.

Thanks for any help!

Joe

As to your second issue...

Here, running 11.10 w/KDE 4.7.4, I can run a terminal (konsole), list some content, click+drag to hi-lite (copy) selections and in a Kate document, middle-click my mouse and it pastes just as it should. Works in LibreOffice Writer as well. Have you checked the mouse settings in K > System Settings > Input Devices > Mouse ?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      As to your second issue...

Here, running 11.10 w/KDE 4.7.4, I can run a terminal (konsole), list some content, click+drag to hi-lite (copy) selections and in a Kate document, middle-click my mouse and it pastes just as it should. Works in LibreOffice Writer as well. Have you checked the mouse settings in K > System Settings > Input Devices > Mouse ?
      Hi Snowhog,

Yeah, I checked there but see nothing about middle click paste...

Interestingly enough, I was able to reboot and solve the middle click issue (Strange that a reboot now fixes Linux issues too :-D).

The icon issue is still strange, but I found a workaround where I can simply, and very oddly, move the .png file to another directory and re-select it in the icon properties and have it work. Very odd behavior...

Thanks for the reply!
      Joe

Comment

The 'reboot and solve' "solution" isn't new. There are any number of 'changes' that when made, require a restart/reboot before they become effective.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X