X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorting trash folder by deleted date

Hello,

How do I organize the trash folder by date of exclusion?

Note: Using Kubuntu 11.10.

Thanks.

Select Detail view in Dolphin then right-click somewhere in column headers then check Date. Then click Date column header to sort files according to date of exclusion.
    Last edited by rms; Feb 23, 2012, 09:06 AM.
    Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

Sorry, I made a mistake. What you've asked is not possible to do.

Comment

A workaround: you can rename file(s) by adding date of deletion to its original name and achieve pretty much the same effect.

Comment

Originally posted by rms View Post
          A workaround: you can rename file(s) by adding date of deletion to its original name and achieve pretty much the same effect.
          Thanks rms for your suggestion.

But it would be interesting if some programmer implements this option in dolphin, because I think it requisite in every OS for the home user and those wishing to switch from Windows to Linux (like me).

Comment

Originally posted by rms View Post
            Sorry, I made a mistake. What you've asked is not possible to do.
            Are you sure, as I am able to do this exactly as you suggested :S. Running kde 4.8.

Comment

Originally posted by james147 View Post
              Are you sure, as I am able to do this exactly as you suggested :S. Running kde 4.8.
              Still on 4.7.4 and yes, Dolphin only shows date of file creation and, in properties, date of last access. Never had much use for file dates info in trash though. Things go there only when I forget to press shift.

Comment

Dolphin's trash kio slave only lists the ctime (not deletion date) of files/folders in trash, so currently you can't (to my knowledge) sort by deletion date. The deletion dates are stored in *.trashinfo files in ~/.local/share/Trash/info/ (deleted files are in ~/.local/share/Trash/files/). You can probably use the .trashinfo file dates to find out the deletion dates for the actual files (not as convenient as sorting the files themselves, but probably will do the trick...depending on the reason why you want to sort by deletion date).

There are a number of wishlist/bug items in bko for a "deletion date" view mode, here's one:
                https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=216677

Comment

Working...
                X