This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with KDE shortcuts

After upgrading my kubuntu from 11.04 to 11.10, many KDE shortcuts such as "ctlr+c", "ctlr+v", "crtl+x" etc. don't work in KDE applications(okular, rekonq, kmail, Dolphin, etc.).
    How can I fix it?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Guest; Feb 18, 2012, 11:14 AM.

These are so-called global shortcuts and can be edited via the system manager.

But they should not have disappeared and the upgrade might have caused some damage to the ~/.kde settings.
    When you can't get them to work through the System Settings menu you could try making a new ~/.kde by renaming the existing one to something like ~/. kde-old.
    A restart of the desktop should create the new ~/.kde.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
      These are so-called global shortcuts and can be edited via the system manager.

But they should not have disappeared and the upgrade might have caused some damage to the ~/.kde settings.
      When you can't get them to work through the System Settings menu you could try making a new ~/.kde by renaming the existing one to something like ~/. kde-old.
      A restart of the desktop should create the new ~/.kde.
      I tried to restore them to default and I see the correct shorcuts in System Settings but they don't work.
      If I create a new setting folder, I will miss my old data and settings for kmail, basket, korganizer, plasma, etc.
      There is not any better solution?!

Comment

That's why I suggested to rename the original one.
        When the trick doesn't work you can get it back.
        When the trick does work you copy back the bits that you want to keep.

Comment

Working...
        X