X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After kde update a couple hours ago I lost laptop power management

I got an upgrade to KDE 4.8. Some of my packages are now 4.8.0a
    After this update, I've lost power management.
    The options in Configure Energy Savings no longer allow me to visit the tab for "On Battery" or "On Low Battery".
    I don't have 'suspend' as an option for actions.

In the last hour I also received a new kernel. The power management problem happened before I did this upgrade, and the kernel upgrade has made no difference.

Also here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...9#post11682999

Comment

Looks like a regression. One recommended cure was:
      Whilst outside of KDE, please find and remove "powerdevil*" files in ~/.kde4/share/config and remove ~/.kde4/share/apps/powerdevil if it exists.
      You could also "completely remove" Powerdevil, and then reinstall it. ("Completely remove" removes config files as well as binaries.)

I did the same upgrade this afternoon and didn't have any problems with power management or the System Settings for it.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Same problem as this thread? - What happened to PM Profiles?

Originally posted by steveriley View Post
        KDE 4.8 replaced the power management system. User-defined profiles were dropped in favor of three defined presets. The 4.8 release notes briefly explain the change; a screencast has more detail.
        I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Working...
        X