X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to PM Profiles?

Hello,
    There was an update the other day and several things regarding the task bar have changed. Most notably, there are no longer Power Management profiles. Can I get them back or have they moved or have they been replaced? I need the ability to quickly change between 'Presentation Mode' and 'power management mode'.
    Registered Linux user #346571

KDE 4.8 replaced the power management system. User-defined profiles were dropped in favor of three defined presets. The 4.8 release notes briefly explain the change; a screencast has more detail.

Note that you achieve a configuration like "presentation mode" by disabling power management while you're presenting:

Comment

When I read this post I switched it on in the hope the severe memory leak (Bug # 747719) that's been in it for several years would be fixed.
      Regrettably kded4 immediately started to grow from 24 MB to 100 MB in some 20 minutes...
      The only way I know to stop this is switch off Power Management and restart the desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
        When I read this post I switched it on in the hope the severe memory leak (Bug # 747719) that's been in it for several years would be fixed.
        Regrettably kded4 immediately started to grow from 24 MB to 100 MB in some 20 minutes...
        The only way I know to stop this is switch off Power Management and restart the desktop.
        That's odd! I just tried it now, and memory usage of kded4 didn't budge.

Comment

It likely has something to do with a particular hardware combination.
          This is on a Toshiba Tecra S5 with Intel Core2 Duo T7800, nVida Quadro NVS 130M, Intel sound and Hitachi HD.

Oh yes, it's not a problem on the 3 HP's around the house.
          Last edited by Teunis; Feb 14, 2012, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X