Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eddieg, thanks for the update. So, maybe it's an nvidia driver version problem. Where did you find that specific version? I don't see it on their site anywhere. Also, I assume that means you're running 32-bit Kubuntu?

I'm going to do some testing with driver versions to see if I can reproduce/narrow down the results that you had. Unfortunately, I don't want to go down the manual-install path for my main installation, since I don't want the hassle with upgrades.

Comment

Yes, I'm running the 32 bit version. I understand about manual updates. There appears to have been a kernel update since I posted this to 3.0.0.16.19 and my machine will not boot with this version. So I have to go in grub and use the previous version kernel right now. I'll uninstall it and re-install in the new kernel and see if that fixes it. I got the driver from nvidia's site I believe in the all driver, then betas and older driver area. On Nvidia's support site it says that this driver is like a LTS driver. I do see there is a beta version now 295.20 but I don't like betas so I'll wait for the certified version or when it's in xswat I'll try that. One thing I noticed that's missing now is a new kernel update used to pull over your nvidia module but it's not doing that anymore. Here is where I got 275.43

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
      Alienware 17 R2
      ​ 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
      ​ with Kubuntu 23.10
      Nvidia Graphics
      16 Ram
      Close Windows and open the world!!

Comment

Ok, here is how I got the new Kernel 3.0.0.16.19 to nvidia driver.

The new kernel did not have the nvidia module because it was in 3.0.015 when I installed it. I had to delete my xorg.conf and reboot in to new kernel, which it did without the xorg.conf file. Then did the installation procedure and now it's working fine. I really can't wait until nvidia gets there updated drivers fixed and it works with xswat ppa installed so it will also update nvidia driver when there are new kernel versions. However, this did work for me and was not to difficult to fix, this time. :-)
        Alienware 17 R2
        ​ with Kubuntu 23.10
        Nvidia Graphics
        16 Ram

Comment

Ok. I just got the nerve to install xswat ppa because nvidia came out with 295.20 certified on Feb. 13 and after reading the fixes I installed it via ppa and it worked perfectly. It looks like Nvidia got it right this time. Thank you to all that have been trying to help me with this for so long.
          Alienware 17 R2
          ​ with Kubuntu 23.10
          Nvidia Graphics
          16 Ram

Comment

Weird, I only use the standard repositories and also have nVidia version 295.20.
            (And the incompatibility issues for the Quadro NVS 130M GPU have not been fixed)

Comment

Working...
            X