This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok AMD64 always crashing on startup

Being in possession of a borked Windows 7 installation, I loaded the AMD 64 version of Kubuntu Oneiric on my HP G42 laptop last night, and with proper drivers (and cracks) installed, managed to get OpenGL working.

This afternoon, I decided to get Amarok configured, which involved getting my music from my aging Dell Inspiron 530n onto my decidely newer laptop.

Getting the music proved painless enough, and the initial Amarok scan took something like 45 minutes after I assumed everything would proceed as it ordinarily would.

I was wrong.

After everything scanned, I attempted to play something from my collection, which failed miserably and Amarok crashed after a few seconds. Now, every time I open up Amarok, it crashes within a few seconds. I can't even configure it to use the phonon-backend-vlc.

Any thoughts as to how I can get Amarok working again?

Relevant specs are as follows:

Intel Core i3 processor, 2.26 gHz.
    320 GiB HDD
    3 GiB RAM
    Intel i915 Integrated Graphics

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Nevermind. As it turns out, the problem MUST be my laptop HDD. I find it very odd that data that I had sucessfully stored several times between computers would simply refuse to cooperate when placed on my laptop. The kicker was that when performing a routine restart, my laptop simply hung at the boot screen. Rebooting into recovery mode revealed bad sectors on the disc. Sooo... it looks like I'm back to using my aging desktop for the time being.
Working...
X