This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] trouble installing nero

Hi, Im trying to install nero on the latest version of kubuntu. It worked fine with ubuntu but when i try to install on kubuntu, it says that its installed but seems to happen way to quick and there is no trace of the install. Im not sure if it works with kde cos like i said, I was using gnome before. thanks

Re: trouble installing nero

Why do you want Nero? K3b is just as good.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

cos i like nero, Ive been using it since 1997 so Im kinda used to it and Ive tried many other burners but nothing compares to it for me anyway.

Comment

so how did you try to install it..........the "trial" ver .deb from the nero site ? or what?

some times you must log out/reboot to get something like that to show up in the menu .

did you try launching it from a terminal?

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

its the full version with a serial, debian package and it installed fine on my gnome desktop. I used the qapt package installer as im not to hot with the teminal, command line stuff. it opens with the qapt installet then works for a few seconds then says it installed but It just dosent seem right as it dosent open the nero installer and I cant find no trace of the install on my system. maybe its a system prob. thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by brassic
            its the full version with a serial, debian package and it installed fine on my gnome desktop.
            I'm guessing that you have installed KDE on Ubuntu or GNOME on Kubuntu.

So does the application appear in the GNOME desktop menu? Can you launch the application when logged into a GNOME session?

Installing a 3'rd party application in one DE doesn't necessarily add icons in the launcher of the other DE.

Welcome newbies!
            Verify the ISO
            Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

I did a clean install of kubuntu on a freshly patitioned drive,,its a mistry cos it worked fine on mint gnome 3

Comment

Since you paid for a license to use the program, have you attempted to obtain whatever support you are entitled to from the company?
                Welcome newbies!
                Verify the ISO
                Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

If you have the .deb file saved in your user's home folder, then open a terminal (Konsole) and do these things:

change directory to /tmp

Code:
                  cd /tmp
                  copy the .deb from your home folder to /tmp

Code:
                  sudo cp /home/brassic/nero.deb .
                  use dpkg to install it

Code:
                  sudo dpkg -i nero.deb
                  (adjust file name and user name to match what you actually have)

if it has a problem, it will give an error message that tells about the problem.

Comment

thankyou so much, it installed perfectly once i got all my directories and file names right,, i really must try and learn to use the terminal. thnks for evryones help.

Comment

Working...
                    X