X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox very slow when not maximized

Greetings,
    I have a problem that only appears when using Firefox, and only when it is not maximized. I've tried other browsers and programs and everything works fine. When Firefox is not maximized, cpu load is much higher (even when doing nothing at all), opening/closing tabs, menus and loading pages is extremely slow. Some tasks take up to half a minute longer. Also, xorg and kwin use much more cpu. I've tried disabling desktop effects, activating the other proprietary driver in the additional drivers list, but the problem persists. I have an nvidia gt440 graphics card and a quad core cpu. I've been googling and searching, but only found a similar problem (where the user had a general problem with high xorg and kwin cpu usage) and there was a mention of powermizer in the nvidia xserver settings. I really have no idea... I prefer using firefox and using it not maximized, but if I can't find a solution for this I guess I'll have to switch to another browser.

I've had some problems with the pidgin icon being invisible/transparent and in the process of trying to make it work I may have installed and/or changed something relevant. Though I'm sure I made kde window decorator crash every time I log out/shutdown/restart. I don't mind that, but it may be connected. I seem to recall that there was no problem with firefox from the get go, but I'm not sure.

Update: for some reason kde window decorator doesn't crash anymore.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Working...
X