Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox not working urgent (partially solved, no youtube yet (completely solved)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox not working urgent (partially solved, no youtube yet (completely solved)

I just upgraded the new firefox and now Adobe flash is not working, is there a fix?? I reinstalled Adobe and Firefox will not see it, I cannot see any videos on Utube or Hulu now just a grey screen

Re: Firefox not working urgent

Originally posted by 1richard
    I just upgraded the new firefox and now Adobe flash is not working, is there a fix?? I reinstalled Adobe and Firefox will not see it, I cannot see any videos on Utube or Hulu now just a grey screen
    Easiest fix is to install Flash-Aid. Then flash problems tend to go away for good.

http://www.thebluemint.net/2011/05/c...n-kubuntu.html

It's never failed me yet...
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Thanks dequire, Flash-aid got the flash to work on Hulu and Dramacrazy, but still nothing on youtube, still black screen

Comment

Originally posted by 1richard
        Thanks dequire, Flash-aid got the flash to work on Hulu and Dramacrazy, but still nothing on youtube, still black screen
        In that case it's an issue with Firefox and not Flash. Have you tried to re-install Firefox?
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Re: Firefox not working urgent (partially solved, no youtube yet

Did that several times, and still a black screen on youtube, thanks anyway

Comment

That's odd- I'm running FF 8 and Flash-Aid and no issues. Good luck, keep us posted.
            K*Digest Blog
            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

At a command-line:

rm -rfv ~/.adobe
              rm -rfv ~/.macromedia

Could be something screwed up with Flash's download cache.

Comment

Re: Firefox not working urgent (partially solved, no youtube yet (completely solved)

Thanks Steve that did it, now working

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley
                  At a command-line:

rm -rfv ~/.adobe
                  rm -rfv ~/.macromedia

Could be something screwed up with Flash's download cache.
                  I have had the same problem as 1richard and after I issued the above commands I used Firefox on YouTube and got a few seconds of video then a black screen with sound but no picture.

Because of the persistent problems I have had with Firefox, I have changed both of my computers to use the Chromium Web Browser as default and I find that this works perfectly on all sites including YouTube without fail.

Comment

Thanks, Steve. Exactly what was needed. Just youtube on all browsers - sound was not working. Vimeo was doing OK. Now all is well. Thanks again.
                    ~George
                    Linux — leaping tall "Bill-dings" in a single bound!
                    Linux user #347469

Comment

Working...
                    X