This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gnupg failed to start, fixed: now private key doesn't work

I just did a big wad of updates (December 19 2011). When I rebooted I got the error:

Gnupg failed to start. You must fix the Gnupg error before running Kgpg.

The details tab revealed

gpg note: Old default options file ~/home/larrylaca1/.gnupg/options ignored.

How do I figure out what's wrong and how do I fix it?

Re: Gnupg failed to start

Never mind I figured it out

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Gnupg failed to start

What? And you won't share what you had to do, for the benefit of anyone else who might experience the same issue? :P
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Gnupg failed to start, fixed: now private key doesn't work

It seemed simple. I just renamed the options file. Since it's no longer there Kgpg doesn't hang and it starts. However now it turns out I can no longer encrypt something with my private key and decrypt it with my private key. Nor can I decrypt a file sent to me encrypted with my private key. I don't even know where to start to resolve this one. It's a key I use in Windows also, so it's a pgp key originally. If I delete the key and re-import, it's the same story. It doesn't work. I'm trying now to see if anything I can encrypt with the key can be decrypted by someone who has my public key.

Comment

Re: Gnupg failed to start, fixed: now private key doesn't work

For anyone reading this thread. I never could get Kgpg to work right. So because of a suggestion in another post I referred the problem as a bug to KDE.

Comment

Working...
          X